Hyperion Aviation is one of the premium aircraft charter and management companies rapidly expanding their exclusive fleet of business aircraft.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Nominated Postholder Flight Operations to join our Management team.
This position reports directly to the EASA Nominated Person Flight Operation and is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the company’s policies and for direct supervision of the line operations.
- Lead pilots in ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and standards are maintained,
- Implement and maintain procedures necessary to ensure the smooth operation of all Flight Operations,
- Determine all flight operational standards and practices,
- Responsible for editing the Operations Manual, ensuring that it is kept up to date and includes all data necessary to comply with all relevant regulations and requirement and with the provision of the AOC,
- Responsible for defining SOP’s, supervising other responsible staffs, liaising with regulators and the Maltese Civil Aviation Authority including overseeing legal and HR Compliance,
- Work closely with the flight safety officer, nominated person crew training standards and compliance manager.
- Manage company flight operations to ensure that flights are conducted safely and in accordance with applicable operations manual specifications, company policies and procedures. This includes the responsibility to provide guidance to pilots, Operations department, and Pilot Training to ensure their operations are conducted safely and in compliance with Aviation Regulations,
- Nominated Person Flight Operations according EC 965/2012,
- Exercise judgment when variations are required from policy or procedure to ensure safe flight operations,
- Exercise full control, direction, discipline in relation to operational standards of pilots,
- Keep close coordination with operational and crew control team associated decision making and the full operational control of the company in accordance with the requirements of the operations manual,
- Handle the development and the maintenance of high operational safety standards and standard operational procedures,
- Responsible for the Continuous Development and maintenance of the Company Operations Manual,
- Participate as a member of the Emergency Response Team,
- Work within the terms of the Compliance System and take any necessary follow up actions to address quality findings,
- Work within the terms of the SMS and take any necessary follow up actions to address safety findings,
- Liaise with the Maltese Civil Aviation Authority on all Operational matters and audits.
- Talent for team management, motivating people and the ability to lead change,
- Valid EASA Part FCL ATPL holder, with PIC experience on executive jets,
- Minimum 3 years of successful executive aviation operational experience,
- Previous experience as post holder / nominated person preferred,
- Experienced in managing regulatory authority relationships and audits,
- Degree level qualification, preferably in aviation, engineering or business,
- Sound business acumen and commercial awareness,
- Strong financial, contractual and legal understanding,
- Articulate and confident, with the ability to build relationships with executives at all levels in client, regulatory and supplier organisations,
- An entrepreneurial, highly motivated and driven person focused on achieving and exceeding targets,
- Strong process and operational experience,
- Have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of aviation regulations, safety standards, safe operating practices, airworthiness and operational requirement for ad hoc private aviation business,
- Management expertise, exhibit leadership skills with strong diagnostic mind,
- Candidates must hold unrestricted passport and must be eligible to live and work in Europe,
- Willingness to provide support to all individuals and teams within the company,
- Ability to represent the Company in a professional and respectful manner.
- Pro-active and “hands on” mentality,
- Comfort leading in a complex, changing, networked business environment,
- Diplomatic with cultural awareness.
All forms will be processed, however only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Please send you CV and documents to email@example.com