Head of Finance and Administration
Hyperion Aviation is a growing Maltese company active in the field of aircraft management.
We are currently looking for a new Head of Finance and Administration, who can manage the day to day tasks of our finance department and maintain the administrative household of our company, including participating in the management board.
Place in the organization :
In the finance department the Head of Finance & Administration is responsible for the day to day management of the finance department. An efficient collaboration with other departments is crucial for our organization.
The candidate will be accountable for the HR Department, Front desk and internal corporate services of the company, as well within the organisation and at Group level.
The objective is to support the Finance and HR department:
- By guaranteeing accurate and efficient organized accounting records;
- By producing timely and correct financial data according to the groups’ policies and procedures;
- Assisting in HR processes and Office Administration.
Tasks and Specialities :
Within the financial administration you are assigned to the finance team, where (besides the main and subtask) the team – factor is emphasized so that all parts of performing the day to day accounting records and periodic closings / reporting are guaranteed .All tasks are applicable for all Maltese legal entities within the group.
- Oversee the day to day processing of financial and accountancy related documentation so that up to date financial statements can be produced at any time;
- Reconcile the accounting records with external confirmations (of suppliers, customers, financial and official institutions …) and maintain supporting documentation for all general ledger accounts;
- Provide analyses, detailed statements and support with specific assignments, audits or reviews;
- Provide clients with financial controlling data on a monthly and more detailed on a quarterly basis and live the daily promise to our clients of transparently recharging operational cost and report appropriate;
- Provide insight into business performance against competitor and industry trends;
- Guide the accounting team, maintain an “open door” and “lead by example” mentality;
- Guarantee timely and correct periodic (monthly, quarterly, yearly) closings;
- Manage contact with the local auditors, tax advisors and other consultants;
- Manage contact with governmental institutions / administrations (VAT / CIT / insurance companies / social inspection / customs and excise duties, financial institutions, local authorities in general, …);
- Ensure that all deadlines (VAT / CIT / group reporting / …) are achieved;
- Review and approve payments;
- Cashflow monitoring (AP / AR / credit cards / capex / …);
- Keep accrual / suspense / transitory accounts up to date;
- Report periodically to the group in an accurate and timely manner including intercompany balances and transactions;
- Ensure that all legal / local / statutory requirements of the Maltese companies are always maintained;
- Investigate any tax / financial / operational risk and establish optimizations and efficiency improvements to intercept these;
- General cost controlling (optimize expenses, follow up on budgets, …);
- Organize and follow up the monthly closing process for the finance department (checklists per team member specifically, checklist for the whole team in general, organize finance meetings and follow up outstanding matters);
- Ensure an efficient and close collaboration with other departments and the group to achieve the deadlines;
- Support projects with respect to software implementation;
- Whistle-blower function in the broadest sense.
A competitive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
Applications should be sent to Hr@hyperion.aero or alternatively be sent to Hyperion Aviation Ltd. Skyparks Business Centre, Luqa Malta LQA 4000 by not later than the 31stof May 2020. All forms will be processed, however only successful applicants will be contacted directly.